Welcome back to the Spanish sunshine…
…and the beaches and the nightlife and the walking and the climbing and the cycling and the water sports and the shopping and the restaurants…
At the end of July the Government announced that Spain is now available for holidaymakers from the UK without having to quarantine on their return provided they have evidence of having been fully vaccinated. Read more about the new legal requirements at the bottom of this page.
La Roca Rara is a stunningly luxurious, privately owned villa, set in approximately 2.5 acres of mature gardens and orchard overlooking the hills and ocean. This beautiful, traditionally Spanish property is surrounded by the beautiful historic villages of Frigiliana and Torrox, as well as Nerja’s famous Balcon De Europa, boasting a wealth of excellent restaurants and bars.
With its huge reception area and landscaped grounds La Roca Rara is perfect for large families, group holidays, weddings and other special occasions. The accommodation comprises 1,000 square metres of space and comfortably sleeps 16, with room for more if required, and offers the privacy that can be expected of an exclusive boutique hotel. The villa’s eight spacious en-suite bedrooms includes an elegant master suite feature fireplace and air conditioning. The bedrooms open onto our superb enclosed pool, and some onto private courtyards and our landscaped gardens.
A FANTASTIC LOCATION
Tucked away in the foothills west of Nerja, on the way to the picturesque village of Frigiliana, La Roca Rara is equidistant to both Nerja, with its fine beaches and relaxed nightlife, and the backdrop of Frigiliana’s white painted buildings carved into the hills, La Roca Rara creates the perfect ingredients for a memorable holiday.
The cities of historic Spain – Granada, Seville, Ronda, Cordoba, Malaga, Marbella and Gibraltar – are easily accessible by car. And Malaga’s International Airport, with daily flights to all the major airports of the world, is only 45 minutes away.
- 5 Minutes Away From The Costa Del Sol
- Wealth of Excellent Restaurants and Bars
- Spectacular Caves at Maro
- Swim in the Med and Ski in the Sierra Nevada
- Lovely Coves and Beaches Such As La Herradura
- Historic Villages Such As Torrox and Frigiliana
- Olive and Citrus Groves
- Nestled in the Mountains
Click here to read more about OUR SUPERB LOCATION
SO MUCH TO SEE, SO MUCH TO DO…
La Roca Rara creates the perfect ingredients for a memorable holiday, and the ideal base from which to venture out for any number of activities. As well as being able to enjoy our own large private pool and floodlit tennis court, sports enthusiasts can enjoy anything from paragliding to pedaloes, walking tours (with wine tasting) to wind surfing, jet skiing, horse riding, golf, swimming in the Mediterranean to skiing in the mountains at Sierra Nevada.
Click here to read more about WALKING TOURS IN NERJA AND FRIGILIANA
WEDDINGS & OTHER CELEBRATIONS
La Roca Rara is the perfect venue for your wedding reception, anniversary party, or special occasion. The outdoor terrace can be used for welcome drinks and canapés and our huge reception room can comfortably seat up to 60 people for a banquet, with ample space for evening guests and dancing.
Click here to read more about WEDDING AT LA ROCA RARA
REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELLING TO SPAIN
• Travellers to Spain now require a negative test or proof of full vaccination proof, but quarantine is no longer necessary on return.
• Everyone aged 12 or over arriving in Spain from the UK must present either: a negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of travelling proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travel.
• The NHS Covid Pass can be used as evidence of vaccination status if you are travelling from England or Wales.
• If you live in Scotland, NHS letters will be accepted.
• There is a Covid certificate for Northern Ireland residents.
• In addition, you must complete a health control form no more than 48 hours before travelling to Spain by air or sea.
• A negative Covid test, proof of vaccination or proof of Covid-recovery may be required to cross the French border into Spain.